It’s no secret that the look of your teeth factors greatly in how other people treat you. When you have smile imperfections, it can be harder to gain employment, start new friendships and maintain your self-esteem. Thankfully, you don’t have to settle for living like this. With the help of your cosmetic dentist in Carrollton, you can revamp your smile and start a new life. Read on to learn about the different forms of treatment available!
What is Considered Cosmetic Dentistry?
Any form of care that focuses on the aesthetics of your teeth can be considered to be cosmetic dentistry. Still, though, many of the treatment options available make positive improvements in the functionality of your teeth, which is a welcomed bonus.
Many Ways to Improve Your Smile Aesthetics
Here are some of the forms of care available for revamping your smile:
- Gum Lifts – If the source of your angst is the appearance of your gums, your cosmetic dentist can address it with a gum lift procedure. Using advanced technological methods, the specialist will precisely remove the excess gum tissue to create a more balanced smile.
- Teeth Whitening – Troublesome teeth stains can be removed with professional teeth whitening using the Zoom! method. After the treatment, you can expect your teeth to gleam up to 10 shades brighter.
- Porcelain Veneers – Another way to address stains, crookedness, gaps and other smile blemishes is with porcelain veneers. The wafer-thin shells are placed directly over your teeth to mask any flaws and leave you with a perfect-looking smile.
- Cosmetic Bonding – For cracks, chips or stains, there is the cosmetic bonding option. Your cosmetic dentist will add a composite resin material to the tooth, shape it and then harden the material using a special light.
- ClearCorrect Braces – If you have misaligned, gapped, crooked or crowded teeth, there is a discreet way to make the necessary adjustments – ClearCorrect Braces. With the custom-designed, clear, plastic trays, your teeth are comfortably and gradually adjusted until they are properly aligned.
- Smile Makeover – For patients who desire to have the absolute best look possible, there is the smile makeover process. It may include the combination of several procedures that address all of your imperfections, and they are usually completed over a time period that you and your cosmetic dentist agree on.
What’s the Best Route for Me?
The best way to determine which form of aesthetic care is best for you is to visit your cosmetic dentist for a consultation. While you’re there, the professional will fully examine your smile and listen to your desires. Together, the two of you will formulate the best plan of action to move forward so you can have the appearance you’ve always wanted.
So to get on the road to smile perfection, reach out to your local expert today!
About the Author
Dr. Marc Dandois earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, and he has been providing top-notch care in the Carrollton area since 2004. He offers comprehensive care to his patients, which includes a multitude of cosmetic dental procedures, and he can be reached for more information through his website.